Words: ACFC Media
Monday 25 September 2017
AUCKLAND, New Zealand - Auckland City FC Player Development Program has a coach position open for interested applicants.
Auckland City Football Club Player Development Program Coach Position
Reports to: Auckland City Technical Development Director ; Simon Richards
Replies to: email@example.com
The Auckland City FC Player Development Program (ACFC PDP) aims to create the best player centered football program in New Zealand. A holistic football program to educate, nurture & prepare players for the demands of the modern game at whatever level, the Auckland City Way.
Auckland City Football Club is currently seeking expressions of interest from coaches to coach youth players in our Player Development Program for the summer and potentially beyond.
The ACFC PDP coach is responsible for the delivery of a fully aligned talent development initiative that ensures the continued development of players, coaches and administrators at Auckland City FC.
The coach will be part of a team of PDP coaches working together at a venue twice a week with various age groups from 10 to 15 years of age.
Coaches will align themselves to Auckland City’s methodology and philosophy and report directly to the ACFC PDP Director.
• Coaches will be managed, developed and supported by the club to ensure that the role holders fulfil their role responsibilities in relation to coaching delivery associated with ACFC talent development programmes.
· Coaches are responsible for all the planning, preparation and organisation of practical and theory educational sessions for players in accordance with the methodology of the club.
· Coaches will prepare, organise and deliver technical and tactical sessions as prescribed by the ACFC PDP Director.
· Coaches will prepare, organise and deliver player educational seminars to include video presentations in line with ACFC methodology and resources if required.
· Coaches will liaise consistently with the strength and conditioning coach and physiotherapist on all matters relating to player welfare
· Coaches will prepare a comprehensive player report to an agreed format for presentation to the ACFC PDP Director, to be completed after the ACFC PDP Phases.
· Coaches will ensure that all training and playing equipment is managed throughout the programme
· Coaches will support the Sport Scientist on the monitoring, assessment and appraisal of all players testing.
Remuneration: Service Provider contracted, to be discussed on successful application
Required Experience and Qualifications:
The Auckland City FC Player Development Program coach should have the following experience and qualifications:
A coaching background relative to the level of AFF Metro League level.
A minimum of a NZF Youth Level 3 coaching licence or equivalent qualification or actively working towards.
Experience in developing and implementing plans for a team within a set framework.
The Auckland City FC Player Development Program coach will possess highly developed interpersonal and people skills. Leadership, communication, management and working successfully with people are vitally important to the success of the programme. There will be some close relationships that need to be formed with the organisation and coaching staff that will ultimately shape the programme in 2018 and for the future.
Please include a cover letter outlining your football philosophy and your personal and football CV to the above email address.
We will not be accepting any overseas applicants.
v Western Springs, Sat 25 March 2023, Kiwitea Street, KO: 3pm NZST