Under the leadership of our highly skilled Technical Team, the ACADEMY offers players a complete footballing experience. The focus not only covers the technical, tactical, mental and physical skills needed to play the game but equally, attention is given to personal traits, such as how players conduct themselves at training and interact with teammates and staff.
The ACADEMY includes:
● Football sessions specific to the development phase of the player
● An integrated Goalkeeping and Futsal development pathway
● Player feedback meetings and reports to guide individual development
● Injury prevention and conditioning sessions to enhance player performance
● Physiotherapy service to provide support to any injuries sustained
● Education sessions on football knowledge, nutrition, wellbeing and more
● Mentoring by Auckland City FC Premier Team players.
“It’s about combining our Auckland City DNA with worlds best practice so our players can become the best versions of themselves, whatever level they aspire to. Auckland City has a proven record of competing internationally while playing a great style of football, and that’s what we want for our kids. Let them dream big - that’s how we find the next Abby Erceg, Chris Wood or Ivan Vicelich.” - Blair Shaw, Academy Chairman
Browse through the website to find further information on the ACADEMY.
● Foundations - what our core beliefs and principles are.
● Pathway - what the journey looks like for a player.
● Details - information on when and where our programmes are running.
If you would like to contact the ACADEMY, please email firstname.lastname@example.org